To apply for official league status, you must meet the following rules and conditions first:
- Have at least 6 active members.
- Upload at least 3 game-play highlight videos to YouTube (each game should be edited down to between 3-10 minutes in length).
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your YouTube Channel (Facebook League page and/or League Website URL can also help but are not required) so that we can review it.
- NOTE: Due to the large number of requests, Official League status will be a competitive process and only a few leagues can be selected each year but we encourage interested leagues to keep trying by posting high quality game videos on YouTube (most important criteria) and continuing to support the Blitzball brand (social media, etc.). If selected, you will be informed by us via e-mail around the end of the MLB season after all leagues have been evaluated.
LEAGUE OF THE YEAR PRIZE DETAILS
"League of the Year" cash prizes will be awarded every October starting in 2014, and all official leagues will be considered for the prize. The "League of the Year" prizes will be based on several factors:
- Quality of the game-play footage and editing
- Activity and involvement of league members (on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Overall level of support and representation of the Blitzball brand (could be anything... media, community, retailers, etc.)