To apply for official league status, you must meet the following rules and conditions first:
- Have at least 6 active members.
- Upload at least 3 game-play highlight videos to YouTube (each game should be edited down to between 3-10 minutes in length).
- Please mount video cameras to tripods or other "steady" camera supports during filming to avoid "shaky" hand-held footage.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your YouTube Channel (Facebook League page and/or League Website URL can also help but are not required) so that we can review it.
- NOTE: Due to the large number of requests, Official League status will be a competitive process and only a few leagues can be selected each year (selections will be announced at the end of MLB season) but we encourage interested leagues to keep trying by posting high quality game videos on YouTube (most important criteria) and continuing to support the Blitzball brand (social media, etc.). If selected, you will be informed by us via e-mail around the end of the MLB season after all leagues have been evaluated.
LEAGUE OF THE YEAR PRIZE DETAILS
"League of the Year" cash prizes will be awarded every October and all official leagues will be considered for the prize. The "League of the Year" prizes will be based on several factors:
- Quality of the game-play footage and editing
- Activity and involvement of league members (on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Overall level of support and representation of the Blitzball brand (could be anything... media, community, retailers, etc.)
NEW!! OG LEAGUE PRIZE DETAILS
We also want to show some love to the outstanding Blitzball leagues who have supported us for a long time, so we will award FOUR ADDITIONAL
"OG League" prizes every October to the Top 4 Blitzball leagues based on YouTube subscriber count at the time of our selections. NOTE:
It is possible for a league to with a "Top League" prize AND an additional "OG League" prize in the same season (for example: a league who wins 1st place "League of the Year" AND 1st place "OG League" prizes in one season would receive $1,600) but only leagues who have had "Official Blitzball League" status for at least 2 seasons will be eligible for "OG League" prizes. The TOP 4 OG eligible leagues in the lead currently (based on YouTube subscriber count as of 3/3/18) are the following:
- Oakleaf Wiffle League: 21,505 Subs
- CT Blitzball League: 8,397 Subs
- COMO Blitzball League: 5,714 Subs
- NEA Blitzball League: 4,458 Subs